Breakfast in Bed Ideas for All Occasions
Who doesn’t enjoy the occasional breakfast in bed – curled up on your comfy latex mattress and cozy sheets, feeling like Queen or King for a few hours? For when you really want to feel pampered, or do something special for a loved one, we’ve whipped a few tips and ideas for the occasion.
- Keep it clean! Use TV trays or table cloth to keep your bed tidy. Crumbs aren’t exactly romantic.
- Spontaneity is key, but for a fantastic breakfast in bed, plan ahead and make sure you have the ingredients so your morning goes off without a hitch.
- Clean the kitchen as you go so there’s no mess later.
- Avoid super crumbly, gooey, messy foods that would be awkward to eat in bed.
- Go restaurant style – arrange food nicely on plates and garnish with fresh fruit, or write a special message in chocolate syrup.
- Bring napkins, utensils, beverages and favorite condiments so you don’t have make extra trips to the kitchen.
The day of love is made for romantic breakfasts in bed. Serve a sinfully indulgent breakfast with delicious fresh fruit, a fresh flower, and their favorite coffee or tea.
- Heart-Shaped Pancakes with Chocolate Chips and Cherries or Berries
- French Toast with Strawberries and Whipped Cream
- Light Crepes – Try bananas and Nutella or strawberries with cream cheese for fillings.
Today is the day to make mothers feel appreciated and pampered. Want mom wouldn’t love breakfast in bed with a touching card, made by their kids or spouse? Make mom’s favorite breakfast, just make sure you clean up the kitchen, too! Adult children can visit with breakfast in tow, or send a surprise gift basket to mom.
- Sneak out for a “newspaper” and grab takeout from Mom’s favorite diner
- Deluxe Continental Breakfast with pastries, croissants, jams, fresh squeezed juice, and coffee
- French Toast with Mom’s favorite fruit and toppings
- Homemade “Egg McMuffin” Sandwiches (Bonus – easy to make and easy to eat in bed!)
Dads also love to feel appreciated by their families, and breakfast in bed can be a great way to start the day. Whether its breakfast from his favorite place or a homecooked meal, serve it with dad’s favorite magazine or paper and an uninterrupted viewing of his favorite TV show or movie.
- Steak & Eggs
- Breakfast Burritos with Dad’s favorite toppings
- Country Skillet Scramble with Toast
- Blueberry Coffeecake
Anniversaries are celebrated throughout the world since time immemorial. Your anniversary reminds you how much you’ve been through and why you fell in love. Today would be perfect for making a great breakfast together, then retreating back to bed for a day of relaxation. Or for a great surprise, try recreating a favorite breakfast from your honeymoon or other special day that recalls good memories.
- Chocolate Cinnamon Bread Pudding
- Baked French Toast Casserole
- Fruit & Cheese Platter – Serve with gourmet bakery breads and dips.
You don’t always need a holiday to have an excuse for breakfast in bed. If your loved one did something you really appreciate or you just want to show gratitude, here are some great ideas for everyday breakfasts perfect for relaxed mornings.
Keep it simple with tried-and-true breakfast classics.
- Over Easy or Scrambled Eggs, Hash Browns, Meat, and Toast
- French Toast/Pancakes & Bacon/Sausage
- Omelettes Your Way
- Egg Sandwiches on Toast, English Muffins, or Panini bread
- Breakfast Skillet Scrambles – Fry potatoes with veggies, add cooked breakfast meat, beaten eggs and garnish with cheese for a quick meal.
Make it fancy, and show off your top-chef skills with sophisticated flavors.
- Five Star Breakfast – Homemade Turkey Sausage, Herb-Roasted Potatoes, & Smoked Cheddar Scrambled Eggs.
- Stuffed French Toast – Take two slices of bread, fill with peanut butter, Nutella or sweetened cream cheese, then coat each side in custard and cook.
- Crepes or Pancakes with Fresh Fruit – Use a homemade recipe or deluxe mix and add fresh berries, sauteed apples, vanilla, and other goodies.
- Quiches & Frittatas offer unlimited possibilities and are easy to eat in bed.
For the Health-Nut
If your loved one is health-conscious or on a diet, support them with healthy, yet tasty, options. Granola Pancakes with fresh berries or cinnamon apples.
- Whole Grain Waffles with peanut or almond butter and bananas.
- Turkey Sausage & Egg Whites with Veggies – Mix spinach and tomatoes, bell peppers, mushrooms, or herbs into your scramble.
- Smoothies with fresh fruit and yogurt.
- Fruit , Yogurt & Granola Parfaits served in fun glasses.
- Real Oatmeal with Fresh Fruits, Nuts, and Spices – Try fresh apples, pecans, and cinnamon; or dates, walnuts and cardamom.
If you’re not a morning person, or if cooking terrifies you (or if the thought of you cooking terrifies your loved one!) don’t fret – you can still serve a great breakfast in bed.
- Continental-Style Breakfast: Pick up fresh-baked bagels or pastries and serve with fresh fruits and spreads.
- The Night Before: Make up cinnamon rolls, overnight french toast or bread pudding in advance, so all thats left in the morning is a trip to the oven.
- Get favorite breakfast meals to-go or delivered – but serve on dishes and a tray for a special touch.
Make a simple breakfast for Mom or Dad to show your appreciation. If it’s a birthday or holiday, make them a card or picture to personalize it. Try to clean up after yourselves and get help from an older sibling or adult anytime you use hot appliances or cutting tools!
- Cereal with Apples or Orange Wedges
- Toaster Waffles & Bananas
- Scrambled Eggs & Toast – Use a cookie cutter to make ‘heart-shaped’ toast for an extra-special touch.
- Pancake & Muffin Mixes – Add special touches like spices, nuts, and fruits.
- Fill bowls and cups only ⅔ to ¾ full, this way they don’t slosh around when you deliver your special meal.
Having your favorite foods in bed with special touch like a flower or note can make anyone feel like royalty! It shows that you care for and appreciate a special person in your life. However you choose to serve breakfast in bed, just remember to plan ahead and keep it simple.
This article entitled 30+ Breakfast in Bed Ideas for All Occasions is strategized by Kim Tyrone Agapito of KimoftheWorld.com, Head of Content & Search Strategy of One Mall Group.